Friday, August 28, 2009

Waiting

I cannot stand
Under the weight of my own affliction
Over what pulls me down
When the weight of my insecurities overwhelms me
and I fall right back into the ground.

I'll die another day, to all of my pain
letting go once more to my life
I'll try to let you in, to clean me up again
but I can only let you go this far today

I'm waiting for the day, When I can stand along with you
Fighting for the rights of those whom so few
have chosen to believe in something more then they see
and watching as they go through what I've been through...
just to feel you.


I'm sick of all this hurt and feel I'm crying out in vane
To a world that doesn't care, because it feels the same
And when my prayers go unanswered and I cannot see the light
But I know you here me when I cry out for them.

And I wish that I could write something so much better than this,
in full words with notation and change the world with one wish
To give the hopeless what I have and what has kept me alive
 I only pray.

I'm waiting for the day, When I can stand along with you
Fighting for the rights of those whom so few
have chosen to believe in something more then they see
and watching as they go through what I've been through...
just to feel you.


The millions of discarded memories of a life lived so young
And the lack-less meaningless adventures I've been on
Who said growing up was giving into death
I wanna live like I'm alive until I breathe that last breath!

I will scream out from the shadows for a hope that is to come
While shouting from the mountains the hope that has been done
For a moment to free my self with the dance of life and death




This is unfinished for the moment - The last stanza needs to be finished as well as the rest of this maybe extended in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment